INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect information that specifically identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you interact and provide information on any of our Sites, such as when you apply for C200 membership or register for a C200 event or program. The types of Personally Identifiable Information we collect on our Sites will vary based on the Services offered on the Sites, but may include, among other things, your name, address, phone number, company affiliation and title or position, birth date, billing and delivery information, e-mail address, credit card or other financial information.
- Non-Personal Information: As you use any of our Sites, we may also collect information and data that is not Personally Identifiable Information (i.e., not specifically identified to you), but which may disclose other aspects of your browsing history or certain other information through the use of a variety of software tools and technologies. This information is called “Non-Personal Information”. Some of the software tools used include cookies, tags and web beacons and may also include Internet Protocol (IP) address and URL tracking data. “Cookies” are pieces of software code or text that are placed on your computer when you browse any of our Sites. “Tags” and “web beacons” refer to software code scripts that are primarily used to track your activities on our Sites. The types of Non-Personal Information collected on our Sites using software tools and other technologies, may include, among other things: the search terms you used, your user identification, information from your browser, your type of computer and operating system, your internet service provider, the areas of our website that you use and have used, the website page you entered our website from and the next website you went to after leaving our Site, dates and times of Site use, etc.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, among others:
- To communicate with you on membership and service matters such as with invoice reminders, order confirmations and program registrations
- To answer your emails
- To deliver and process surveys
- To share your name, company affiliation and title or position for our business purposes
- For the purposes specifically described below
Publication of Personally Identifiable Information. As a professional organization, some Personally Identifiable Information you provide may be published on the Sites and in print or digital form in a variety of ways that allow other members and the public to find you, including, but not limited to, directories, membership lists, and other types of registration lists for our programs and events (“Directory Lists”). Directory Lists will not include sensitive information, such as credit card or bank information, or social security numbers. Your contact information will be shared only with other members, except as described below. You may request that your information be omitted from Directory Lists by contacting us in writing.
Sharing your Personally Identifiable Information To Service You. When in the process of fulfilling your service requests, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties we use to assist us in fulfilling those requests.
Sharing your Personally Identifiable Information With Our Contractors. We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf including, among other things, consulting services, information technology services, data modeling, printing, sending postal mail and processing event registrations. In connection with these service arrangements, we may share Personally Identifiable Information, other than email address and financial account information, but only for our specific purposes.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information When Determined Necessary. We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in our good-faith belief that doing so is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements, comply with legal process served on C200 or at the request of public or governmental authorities; (b) protect and defend our rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of our personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances as we may determine.
No Sharing of Your Email Address under C200 Email Policy. Your email address will only be used by us or another C200 member who accesses your email address on file at the website (the use of which is restricted by the C200 Confidentiality Policy). We do not sell or rent member email addresses or other contact information to anyone. We also will not give or sell [“actively offer”] email addresses or other contact information to third-parties.
How to Manage the Sharing of Your Personally Identifiable Information. You can manage your profile and email preferences, including opting out of email either online or by contacting us.
HOW WE MAY USE NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect Non-Personal Information for a variety of business reasons. This non-Personal Information helps us to better understand the behavior of visitors to our Sites, enables us to determine the more popular areas of our Sites, allows us to improve your experience when you visit our Sites and enables us to better meet our obligations to our membership. Our goal is to make your Site visits convenient and useful. We may also use Non-Personal Information to provide targeted information to you.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Please note that you may be subject to the privacy policies of other non-C200 companies when you hit a link on any of our Sites that takes you to a site not operated by us. These other privacy policies may not be as restrictive or protective of your information and data as we are. To ensure your privacy is protected, we recommend that you review the privacy statements of these other linked sites.
We implement commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to Personally Identifiable Information to our business contractors and other third parties who may need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services or for other legitimate business reasons. These contractors and other third parties are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and legal redress, if they fail to meet these obligations.
USER ID AND PASSWORD
Certain areas of the Sites may require the use of a user ID, email address or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your information. To help you protect your privacy, the Sites have clear tools to help you log in and log out.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND CHANGE INFORMATION
If you are a C200 member or another authorized user of the Sites, you may review and update/correct your information directly on our website – C200.org – or by contacting us.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Last Updated: August 15, 2013